Updating photo on passport

Rated 3.90/5 based on 961 customer reviews

The Passport Office have made it even more simple in recent years to apply for you passport from overseas so there's no need to renew your passport for this reason alone.Some people have suggested that perhaps you might need a special passport for living abroad, this is a myth, and your current UK passport is all that you require.If it is your first marriage, by law you are legally entitled to keep your maiden name on your passport (if you so wish), this can be handy if you plan to honeymoon straight after your ceremony and can save you a lot of time and hassle by keeping your current passport until your have more time on your hands or your passport is due to expire.These kinds of changes would include things like major facial surgery, as this is likely to alter your faces key features, severe aging i.e.

You can renew your Passport at any time, however the time left on your old Passport will not be added to your new one.

To renew a child passport they need to be 0 to 15 years old (child passports are valid for 5 years).

If you were born on or before 2 September 1929, you can get a free, standard passport. You must replace your passport if it's been lost, stolen or damaged rather than renew it.

If you have recently dyed your hair or have slightly more facial hair than in your previous photo then you will not need to renew your passport.

These are what are classed as minor changes along with a change in hair style, a darker tan or the need for glasses or contact lenses. ) However please note that if these changes are extreme, for example if a man previously had a very large beard and then shaved to an appearance with no beard, then this individual would be considered (unrecognizable).

Leave a Reply